Questionnaire for GWV personal charismatic history
Thank-you ever so much for your interest in participating in the GWV personal
charismatic case history program. We at the Great Western Vehicle are interested
in providing support for the contemplative who has arrived at some form of
gnosis, or subjective spiritual expression. At this time it is understood
that there is so very little known about these phenomena that most religions
and meditation teachers completely disregard these phenomena. Thus the purpose
of gathering an archive of personal experiences with meditation phenomena
is to first prove by the weight of an archive that the phenomena occurs,
and that there is a fair body of people who have these experiences. We would
also like to be able to build a sufficiently large database of meditation
phenomena that we can begin to construct a model that will incorporate most
if not all of these phenomena within. We are also interested in making this
archive available on the GWV website.
All you need do is email us your personal bio. And, while constructing that bio, please keep in mind the questions below, if you feel they are at all pertinent:
1). Do you feel you lead a contemplative life? (A contemplative life is
one that is engaged in a regular religious or spiritual activity, such as
prayer or meditation, following some kind of ethical standard, such as the
10 commandments or the Buddhist precepts and some kind of religious study,
such as the canon and commentaries of one’s chosen religion or contemplative
2) If so, what? Please describe.
3) How long have you engaged in this activity?
4) How frequently do you engage in this activity? Is this contemplative activity a daily practice? If not how often do you engage in contemplative activities?
5) How long is your typical contemplative session?
6) What do you do and/or not do, during these contemplative sessions?
7) Have you engaged in other spiritual activities?
8) If so, what, when, how often and for how long?
9) Have you ever taken mind-altering drugs, specifically psychedelics, such as LSD, mushrooms, or peyote? If so, what and when? Do you still take them? How often?
10) What is the nature of the charismatic phenomena that you experience? (The kinds of experiences we are interested in are non-normal phenomena, such as OOBs, auras, chakras, kundalini, kriyas raptures of various kinds, bliss, ecstasy, jhana, visions, charismatic ringing, etc.) Please explain how they manifest in your case.
11) When did these phenomena first occur? How frequently do they occur? Do they still occur?
12) What do you believe is the cause and/or origin of these phenomena?
13) What do you believe stimulates and suppresses the occurrences, frequency and intensity of these phenomena?
14) Sleep activity, do you dream? If so, how often? How much sleep do you receive each day?
15) Have you ever had a dream in which you knew you were dreaming, which is the definition of a lucid dream?
16) Have you ever had a hyper-real dream or OOB? If so when and how often?
17) Do you believe it might be possible to improve or intensify these subjective experiences? If so, how?
18) Your gender, age and/or date of birth, where are you from, and what religion and ethnic/socioeconomic group would you say represents your family of origin?
19) If you do not want to leave your name, please leave something, such as a pseudonym that we can use to identify your record with.
20) Do we have your permission to post your bio on the GWV website?
Thank-you ever so much for your interest in participating in the GWV personal charismatic history program.